Split Networks

SOLVED
Netwow
Building a reputation

Split Networks

I have a combined network that I need to split in order to upgrade an MX100 to and MX450. I need to clone the configuration of the MX 100.  If I split the network while it is active will any configurations be lost? Will clients be disrupted? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

No. If you split the appliance network out of the combined network there's no impact.

If you're just doing an upgrade though I would remove the existing MX100 and then add the MX450 instead of messing around with two networks. You'll have to adjust the physical ports configs, and deal with cabling, but I think it's easier than trying to clone the network. 

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Why is the title of your post, "Client VPN split tunneling?"

I have split combined networks and combined them again and not seen any service interruption or other trouble.  I did this most recently to get rid of an old demo MC network I had in one of my combined networks.  If anything, you *might* lose historical data like client usage.  If that is important, I would call support or research more to find out.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Netwow
Building a reputation

Sorry about the the title . I had suggestions turned on and didn't notice. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Netwow - I can change the title if you like, just let me know what it should be!

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

Oh, never mind, you did it! 🙂

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
Netwow
Building a reputation

Ok back to the initial question. The reason I want to clone is because there are so many VLANs (cleaning this up later). So I am safe splitting and then re-combining. 

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yup, you're safe. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.