Meraki in Russia?

csm_itfourm
Conversationalist

Meraki in Russia?

Do anyone know if it is possible to buy Meraki equipment in Russia.

We have a customer with a office in Moscow where we will like to install a Meraki firewall. We are not allowed to buy one in Europa and send it  to Russia, so we need to buy the equipment within Russia. 

20 REPLIES 20
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Perhaps try contacting Meraki on the "Outside the US" phone number. +1 (415) 432-1000

https://meraki.cisco.com/form/contact

Pugmiester
Building a reputation

We're in the same boat here too. We would love to get some Meraki hardware into our Moscow office but we're told it's currently not possible.
Sashko
New here

As Pugmiester already note, it is not possible to buy Meraki in Russia.

We have project for implementation MX on all our subsidiaries around the world, and situation with Russia can be stopping point.

I hope Meraki will solve this issue with Russia and we will be able to buy Meraki product there.

I will ask Meraki to give as some info regarding this issue and when to expect to be solved.

BR

Meremortal
Conversationalist

Anyone got any news on this? I'm itching to replace a slightly dodgy ASA in our Russian office and really don't want to break our standards by fitting an "alternative" device.

@Meremortal We are only aware that there are plans, but it's not a simple task and currently no ETA unfortunately.  No additional info, but know that it is on the radar and hasn't been forgotten.

Hi,

Is there any update about this topic ? 

It would be great to have Meraki in Russia.

Thanks, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

is there an update regarding this topic?

Is Cisco Meraki  purchasable in Russia ?

My colleague there found a company that can sell them Cisco Meraki hardware, but not licenses.

What about?

Thank you,

Luca

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The licenses are device independent (some are model specific, but none are tied to the serial number). If you can buy the devices in Russia, then you can get licenses from outside and apply them.  I'd test first though as the country may block management traffic or it may be an offence to use the VPN.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @cmr,

thank you for your reply.

We currently have a site-to-site VPN with our office in Russia (Cisco devices, not Meraki) so, at least, it isn't blocked; I don't know if management traffic is blocked anyway.

However, I'm contacting our Meraki sales representative for an official answer.

I'll share updates here.

Thank you,

Luca

Karrion
Conversationalist

Following this.. I would love to be able to get some Access Points into Russia
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello guys,

here an update.

First of all, I contacted Meraki support and this is their answer:

"As long as there exists a Cisco Partner is Russia it would be possible to obtain Meraki licensing. I believe the best avenue to receive more information/assistance would be to contact the Sales representative associated to your account directly for further support. (The contact information can be found conveniently on your Meraki dashboard under Help => Get Help)."

As suggested, I sent an e-mail to our sales representative: I'm waiting for her answer (next week).

Bye,

Luca

Good luck, I am guessing this takes so long due to a certification process but also global politics could have an effect on this as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

I got an official answer from sales representative:

"Currently, Meraki products are not officially available or purchasable in Russia due to government regulation: they required Meraki datacenter being physically available in Russia, but currently, they aren't."

There could be a workaround, but it isn't so flexible: buy a Meraki outside and deliver it to Russia (in some way). If a replacement would be needed (due to some damage, for example), then sent it back, replace it, and re-send.

Bye,

Luca

Is there any update on this? 

We were planning to convert our whole network to Meraki but having to do something different in Russia is a showstopper.

We don't have to have sales or support there, just the ability to run.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @JimBurks,

to be honest I don't know if Meraki is now supported in Russia; you can try to contact a Meraki's sales representative for an up-to-date information. If it isn't still supported, you can try the "workaround" described in my latest post or choose another vendor (like I did, reluctantly) offering devices manageable through cloud console (like Meraki), but fully supported. 

Bye,

Luca

What technology did you use in Russia and how well did it work?

Hello @JimBurks ,

Just to provide some info on the question you have asked, since Meraki isn't available in Russia, we're in the process of buying Cisco Firepower 1010 or 1120. I think it will be a decent workaround.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @JimBurks,

I answered to you with private message.

Bye,

Luca

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Just wondering if to this topic is some update? Is it still the way that i can not use a Meraki MX in Russia?

Cisco partners are hiring Meraki reps in Moscow, so you can probably expect the sales to begin in next few month. Here's the link to job listing https://hh.ru/vacancy/44334276

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.