Lab network and Licenseing

TimBisel
Getting noticed

Lab network and Licenseing

So before I came here the company had a policy close to "Unbox, create network, assign IP, enable site to site VPN, install" And I am trying to build a better network company wide but would like to be able to build a lab to test different features so I am not messing with production setting. But also it would be dumb to keep buying license for switches and what not that will not leave my work room. Question is can I order hardware without licensing. Add to dashboard and than before 30 days are up delete network and remove devices from inventory? And in another week or so loop back around to it and add them all in and start again? I know this will leave my time to actually configure and test to be less than 30 days but it could essentially cut the cost of my lab close to half. Anyone else have any recommendations?

3 REPLIES 3
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Should work yes.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

The first time yes, but if you are using the same hardware to continually add a 30 day license to I would assume there is some limit to that.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>But also it would be dumb to keep buying license for switches and what not that will not leave my work room.

I guess that is where I disagree.  The lab kit is being used to improve your network solution.  It is clearly for commercial gain.

Do you pay Microsoft for the licence on your machine in the lab?

Do you pay the power company of the power you consume in the lab?

Does your company pay for the coffee you drink in the lab?

People create products and services primary for commercial gain.  🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.