Calculate Connectivity time for AP's and Switches

ClaudioReevas
Here to help

Calculate Connectivity time for AP's and Switches

Sin título.png

I'm currently working on a task to calculate the connectivity on the dashboard and integrate it to a report. I've found that those are events on the event log. Actually my options to get the data are three:

Download the full log, which I didn't found a way to download it to process the data outside of the cloud different from a syslog.

Use a syslog to capture the events. I don't consider this one as it involves another element (the syslog server) and add a step of complexity to the solution.

Find a different way to receive the events from all the equipments. Which for me is discarded as there is no away to get this from the API.

I'm reaching this forum in case anyone else have found a different solution or any previous experience you can share to give advice.

Thank you,

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I dont know. But im curious why anyone even want to know this.  Also if the connection to cloud is lost only shortly its not even reported. (not sure if this is still the case).

i also dont see any syslog related to management connection https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Syslog_Event_Types...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Syslog would be the only way I can think of.

Thank you Philip, I'll keep the post to see if some other solution pops up from another member, but for now I start working with the syslog solution.

Best regards,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.