BLOCK INTERNET ACCESS UNLOCKING ONLY REMOTE DESKTOP AND E-MAIL

WO
Just browsing

BLOCK INTERNET ACCESS UNLOCKING ONLY REMOTE DESKTOP AND E-MAIL

Hello everybody, i'm new using dashboard from Meraki, so, recently i been trying put restrictions like a profile per user, but i have to lock (in some users) all internet access, making exception in Remote Desktop and E-mail, Just the work software.

Somebody here, knows how can i lock in this way?, Please, share me the solution!

Thank You!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you only want to do this for specific users? If so, use group policy.

Network Wide/Group Policies

Create a group policy, go to Firewall and traffic shaping , and use "Custom Network and Firewall Rules ...". Add rules to only allow what you want.

Then assign the group policy to a user.
https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Creating_and_Applying_Group_Poli...

Thank You for the answer PhilipDAth

Tat's just what i'm trying, but the computer or User recognize exception to all internet access, including remote desktop and e-mail service, i mean, my configuration locked everything, including remote desktop and e-mail services, so, i know that i have to design a group policy, but i dont know how to configure a profile or locate the section to unlock only remote desktop an e-mail services but locking the rest of internet access,

do you comprehher my question? 😞 thank you for help!

Best regards!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You may need to locate a Cisco Meraki engineer or Cisco Meraki partner in your area to help with your issue.

How do the users access their email service?  Web browser?  POP3? IMAP? Something else?  Do you know the IP address(es) of the email servers they are trying to access?

PhilipDAth,
Just for the moment, i think that is inough with a website with help only to know how to design this kind of profile.

Now, i configure in Group Policies firewall and traffic shaping, blocked website categories, blocked URL patterns and i block also YouTube for schools, but i think that is wrong. I bloking a lot of websites and manually, i mean, i have to add site per site, checking everytime the user movement on internet, so the objetive is NOT check any more.
This users, have to access to Google to use e-mail Services.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.