Restrictions on IOS...which ones take precedence?

SOLVED
Jordanw
Getting noticed

Restrictions on IOS...which ones take precedence?

Hey Everyone, first post here.  I am just curious if anyone knows how restrictions decide which ones work if you have conflicting profiles on the same device.  For instance:  I want to block cameras on 95 percent of my student ipads but allow the camera for my spec ones.  If I have camera blacklisted under managed settings and then not blacklisted under an additional profile I create for those spec ipads, which one works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mr_Grinch
Conversationalist

Just getting into using Meraki MDM myself but if its like any other method of granting rights or placing restrictions such as Active Directory or Cisco iOS the most restrictive will win out over less restrictive. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mr_Grinch
Conversationalist

Just getting into using Meraki MDM myself but if its like any other method of granting rights or placing restrictions such as Active Directory or Cisco iOS the most restrictive will win out over less restrictive. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Restrictions are "additive" - the sum of all restrictions across all policies that apply to a device.

So if you have two policies, and one applies a camera restriction and another does not, the sum of those two policies is that a camera restriction will be applied.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

To add on to what @PhilipDAth mentioned, restrictions that are more restrict (i.e. no camera) will trump other profiles that don't have camera turned off.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels