Prevent deletion of only managed apps iOS

Andy100
Just browsing

Prevent deletion of only managed apps iOS

Sorry if I am asking a lot of questions but Meraki is new to me.

If there a way to stop users deleting managed apps (supervised devices & vpp device pushed apps) but allow them to delete their own apps?

2 REPLIES 2
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Not that I am  aware of 

There are no restrictions that can prevent just deleting stock iOS apps. Another way of approaching this would be to set up a policy with a wildcard match (or search for specific stock app(s) you plan on keeping) and an email notification to when stock apps are missing from a device. While it isn't a perfect solution, it does work and we have found it very helpful in situations like these.

As a side note, maybe you would consider creating a profile that puts a restriction profile (i.e. no camera) on the device but also attach a web clip to the app store where the user can re-install the stock app. As soon as the device has the stock app and it checks in woth your server the restrictions and web clip would be removed. This would be a more hands-off approach, but your users will definitely get understand when something they need is hidden for violating a policy your department has set forth! 

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels