Mac OS device enrollment - Unable to remote desktop

SOLVED
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Mac OS device enrollment - Unable to remote desktop

I've just enrolled two Mac OSX devices into my SM network. I've enrolled via the standard web page enrolment as well as downloading the agent/package and installing on the devices.

Devices are checking in to dashboard and are online and showing up to date. I'm however unable to remote desktop/use any of the advanced features which should be enabled with the agent/package install.

How do i enable these features? I've tried to download the agent several times however still having no luck. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Checkout the page below.  Would say your firewall is blocking some outbound traffic which is causing the problem. Ports 993, 7734 and 60000 - 61000 are required for systems manager to work correctly.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Checkout the page below.  Would say your firewall is blocking some outbound traffic which is causing the problem. Ports 993, 7734 and 60000 - 61000 are required for systems manager to work correctly.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Other_Topics/Firewall_Rules_for_Cloud_Conne...

@BlakeRichardson Thanks Blake, only problem is that there isn't a firewall in the way of these devices. 

Have you setup these devices yourself as there is a way for remote desktop to be blocked on client machines.

Hey @BlakeRichardson, Managed to get to the bottom of this one. My devices had AV's installed which appeared to have a built in host firewall. Looks like these were blocking some of the outbound ports required 🙂

Cheers.

Awesome glad you worked it out! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels