Kiosk mode bug? No logo.

Solved
random_helpdesk
Here to help

Kiosk mode bug? No logo.

I have set these up in the past with no problems. Yesterday, however, I set up two new Android Nougat tablets that are the same hardware are the rest of our tablets, and when I tagged these to get the settings, they did almost everything they were supposed to do, but on the kiosk screen, there is no Meraki logo, which means there's no way to bypass kiosk mode if needed in the future.

The first time, I thought I did something wrong, but since it happened on two tablets, and the rest of the tablets are working, is there some other issue going on?

1 Accepted Solution
random_helpdesk
Here to help

I finally got a reply from Meraki support.

"the banner has been removed from landscape mode, but should still be available in portrait mode."

Huh. That works for me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
random_helpdesk
Here to help

Well, I tried to move on with my day and come back to this later, until I found out that the next two tablets are having the same issue. Was there a recent update to the software that might have introduced a bug like this? I mean, not being able to bypass kiosk mode might be handy in most cases when everything is working correctly, but if there's ever an issue... It's not like I can revert to an older version of the app for testing purposes since it's installed from the Internet during device setup.

The working tablets have Systems Manager version 3.3.4, and the new ones that have no Cisco Meraki logo on the kiosk screen have 3.3.7. Perhaps a bug was introduced in an update between then and now? Is there anything I can do?

random_helpdesk
Here to help

I finally got a reply from Meraki support.

"the banner has been removed from landscape mode, but should still be available in portrait mode."

Huh. That works for me.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels