Error approving app

Andrew
Here to help

Error approving app

I am having a recurring error that prevents me from approving apps. I select the app, scroll down, select approve. It begins to process then has a error pop-up: Approve Permissions > Error approving app. 

This probably low hanging fruit, but I don't know why it would be different from one app to another.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
JoshH
Getting noticed

@Andrewwrote:

I am having a recurring error that prevents me from approving apps. I select the app, scroll down, select approve. It begins to process then has a error pop-up: Approve Permissions > Error approving app. 

This probably low hanging fruit, but I don't know why it would be different from one app to another.

Thanks

Hi @Andrew,

I have had this problem before - to approve the app you need to go to https://play.google.com/work/ logged in with the google account that was linked to your meraki SM (find this under Organisation > Configure > MDM > Under the android for work section). 

Once logged in, find the app in the play store and click approve.

Give it an hour or so and it should be approved and ready to download on your devices. If not, then try syncing AFW

apps in the meraki dashboard (under systems manager > MDM > Apps > Accounts)

snip_20180406091646.png

Thanks @JoshH

I've also found that if you add the new app and save it first, then it will let you go back and approve it. It's a little backward on the UI but easy enough once you know that.

Thanks JoshH, been noticing apps had been missing for a while but i couldn't work out why, your suggestion appears to have sorted it for me!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels