Deploying Dropbox app with credentials to iOS

SOLVED
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Deploying Dropbox app with credentials to iOS

Hey folks, happy new year to you all!

Just wondering if there's a way to deploy the Dropbox app with an email address and password to our iPads that are in the DEP? Took a quick look but nothing jumped out at me other than being able to deploy a Wifi password.

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is mostly a function of the app vendor and what configuration settings that make available.  Many vendors don't make anything available.

Select the option to add an "App Setting" under profiles.  Then see if you get a list of options you can choose.  Here is an example I just did for GMail.

Screenshot from 2018-01-03 13-43-48.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is mostly a function of the app vendor and what configuration settings that make available.  Many vendors don't make anything available.

Select the option to add an "App Setting" under profiles.  Then see if you get a list of options you can choose.  Here is an example I just did for GMail.

Screenshot from 2018-01-03 13-43-48.png

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Thanks Philip.

According to this:https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Using_the_Managed_App_Settings_Payload

That only works with Android. Guess I get to go find a .plist or two in a backup and see if I can pull out the required fields.

Thanks again!

You mis-read it.  It works on iOS - just iOS doesn't tell you what settings the app supports - so you need to find out those settings yourself from he App vendor.

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Thanks Philip,

I went into Dropbox's webchat and received a "this is not a Dropbox related issue" reply from a rather unhelpful person so i've emailed them now.

Mark

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels