iPhone Home Screen Config Layout Issue

DrPlumber
Here to help

iPhone Home Screen Config Layout Issue

Hello! I've configured the Home Screen layout setting for one of our devices, and have put the TV app (looks like this) set to be in a folder along with a bunch of other system apps. All the system apps are going into the folder correctly, except for the TV app. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it won't go into the folder - I've already double/triple checked I'm adding the correct app to the list (com.apple.tv),  yet it continues to sit on the main Home screen.

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DrPlumber try turning the device off and back on. Sometimes depending on the order the MDM sends its commands things dont always happen and a reboot of the device normally fixes this.

Hey Blake! I have tried this, sadly it did not fix it. I even tried removing the Home Screen Layout setting all together and rebuilding it from scratch, but the issue persists. I have to wonder if it's some kind of restriction setting that is causing this, but I can't for the life of me figure out which one (if that's even the reason).

@DrPlumber Hmm that usually works for me. Are you putting the app in a folder because you being tidy and users are unlikely to use it?

If so why not just block access to that app which will hide it. 

@BlakeRichardson I wasn't actually aware you could hide individual apps, that would be even better! How does one go about doing that?

@DrPlumber easy under restrictions there is iOS show.hide apps. I've put a screenshot below of one of my settings. It does require your devices to be supervised though.

Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 7.50.05 AM.png

@BlakeRichardson you are awesome. Thank you!

Glad to help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels