Windows 10 application versions

SOLVED
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

Windows 10 application versions

I am trying out Systems Manager using some test Windows 10 PCs.

The applications I want to install all have their own way of updating, so Systems Manager does not need to care about updating the them.

I setup the JumpCloud agent as an application, and have the URL to the download for a particular version.  When the JumpCloud agent updates itself, Systems Manager sees that the old version is no longer installed, and reports it as missing.

I want to automatically install an application, and let the application update itself to its latest version and not have Systems Manager complain about the app missing.  Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks,

-Dave
Dave Anderson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

I am using a work around by using the recently-added tag to indicate which computer's should have the software installed on them.  Once I the installation is complete, I be remove the recently-added tag.

This process is somewhat clumsy, but it works.

Dave Anderson

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

I am using a work around by using the recently-added tag to indicate which computer's should have the software installed on them.  Once I the installation is complete, I be remove the recently-added tag.

This process is somewhat clumsy, but it works.

Dave Anderson
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels