Water logged IPAD

SOLVED
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

Water logged IPAD

So had a employee drop a ipad in the pool , its only a managed IPAD so i am assuming it has  license but was never put through DEP,,   what is the proper way to remove it from Meraki and restore the license to be used on a different device 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sshort
Building a reputation

If you get the iPad working again there's a couple of scenarios:

1) If the iPad has not already been restored to factory settings, then you'll want to open Settings/General and there will be a section labelled either "Profiles" or "Device Management" where you can remove the Meraki enrollment profile from the iPad. Then you can delete from Systems Manager.

2) If the iPad was already restored, you can just delete from Systems Manager and it shouldn't return.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sshort
Building a reputation

If the device is not in DEP you can just select it from the Systems Manager and click the Delete button to remove from network. If the iPad ever turns back on and is connected to wifi it will re-appear, but I'm guessing that won't be too much of a problem in your case.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.46.01 AM.png

so what if i repair the ipad myself , but it doesn't need to be in Meraki anymore , same apply , just remove it again if i get it working 

sshort
Building a reputation

If you get the iPad working again there's a couple of scenarios:

1) If the iPad has not already been restored to factory settings, then you'll want to open Settings/General and there will be a section labelled either "Profiles" or "Device Management" where you can remove the Meraki enrollment profile from the iPad. Then you can delete from Systems Manager.

2) If the iPad was already restored, you can just delete from Systems Manager and it shouldn't return.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels