felixfx2
Here to help

Using MDM to restrict access to USB mass storage on OSX

Hi there,

Anyone managed to do so via MDM ?

4 REPLIES 4
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@felixfx2 Do you have OSX Server? I known you can create a profile in profile manager to restrict this and download/upload to Meraki.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!

@jared_f i don't have OSX server.. having full cloud services. I did see some older solutions using Apple Configurator to do so, but the latest versions stopped giving me that option.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@felixfx2 I created a profile for it in OSX Server and placed it in Google Drive if you would like it. Note: All the other payloads are standard that comes with restrictions, I only changed the USB to deny like @sshort mentioned. You can change the name/description if you want in AC2.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jArU3tp_TxnK7jF9xs1rIAAOz8nC27E7/view?usp=sharing

Hope it helps,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
sshort
Building a reputation

It's worth the $20 for all the MDM config options you get, even if you're not actually going to use the app for server functionality. You'd want to uncheck the box I highlighted to disable external disks 

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 2.43.02 PM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels