Unable to add device to MDM

SOLVED
adamw1
Here to help

Unable to add device to MDM

I have not had an issue with this before so I suspect something has caused this issue. After using Apple Configurator to prepare an iPad (nothing changed there) after doing so only a week ago with several others, the iPad is saying that the configuration for the iPad could not be downloaded.

Operation cannot complete because of NSURLErrorDomain error -1012

I have tried this on the companies WiFi as well as on 4g so there is no block in place. I have reset the iPad twice and can confirm this also is not the issue.

The connection to n46.meraki.com replies with an HTTP status of 0 according to our smoothwall device although I can ping the address which currently resolves to dal297.meraki.com

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
adamw1
Here to help

So,

I think the certificates have all changed. Now I have reimported an MDM mobileconfig file, its back up and running.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
nealgs
Building a reputation

It appears to be an Apple App Store related error rather than Meraki.

Definitely an -1012 error code?

Definitely a -1012 error code on the iPad 2 ON the screen which asks if you would like to install the profile from the MDM (i.e. Remote Management). An iPad air had a slightly different display:

It said "cancelled"

Just as a note, the iPads are COMPLETELY wiped and are literally only getting prepared with Apple Configurator.

Richard_W
A model citizen

have you updated Configurator?

Thank you for your reply, I will have a look and see if there are any updates. Has there been a change in how iOS 12.4.1 (which built fine a few days before) deploys MDM? Or IOS 9.3.5 for that matter which I should have stated originally.

EDIT:

The mac I am using is as up to date with configurator as I can get it. Configurator is version 2.7 (3H96)

FYI Configurator is at 2.10

Thank you, that's what you get when your lumbered with a 2010 macbook stuck on high sierra...

Either way, still works!

adamw1
Here to help

So,

I think the certificates have all changed. Now I have reimported an MDM mobileconfig file, its back up and running.

By "I think the certificates have all changed", I'm unsure of your setup but we use an SSL cert given to us by our ISP. I usually import that same cert file locally as a profile using configurator to fix the problematic devices - this has since stopped working. I was think of asking our ISP for a fresh cert. Is this a similar scenario to yourself? 

Hi kylexmather, the issue was the MDM certificates, not any of our SSL certs. I updated it by downloading the latest MDM mobileconfig file from meraki and reimporting it to configurator.

Hope this helps.

Right, I shall give that a try!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels