Tag changes resets notification settings

JoseChapp
New here

Tag changes resets notification settings

Hi everyone,

I am having issues changing tags between Apps with Kiosk Mode in iOS 12 in my iPad. I used the tags to switch between the Apps and today I noticed when I switch back to the original app the system asks for notifications permits I had already given. This is how it happens:

• I remove the tag from app A, once the profile is removed I applied the tag to app B.
  • Later I remove the tag from app B, once the profile is removed I applied the tag to app A.

After that final step, the app asks for the notification permit, which it already had =S. It started to happen after OS upgraded from iOS11 to iOS12. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks in advance,

Jose

2 REPLIES 2
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@JoseChapp Have you setup a profile to automatically set the notification settings for the App?

notifications.PNG

I would create a profile and create settings for each app which should eliminate the need to update the notification settings for each app.

You might have to create two profiles one for each app and use the same tags as you use for the apps.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@vassallon I do not have the enterprise version and I can not try it because I have already consumed the trial period.

Do you know if there is another option?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels