Systems Manager trial

SOLVED
cteaglesfan
Conversationalist

Systems Manager trial

Hello all,

I'm working my way through the Systems Manager free trial. I have used this software before with another employer, so I'm quite familiar with it. 

I believe I have it setup properly, but I still can't get the enrollment process to start. I have the Apple business account, the push cert updated from Apple to the Systems Manager. I also have the network and the Apple DEP setup correctly 

When I used the software before I never had to register a device in the Apple portal. All you had to do was download the app and enroll. 

If someone can please point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it 

Thanks,

Matt 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I stumbled upon what I was doing wrong. I was expecting the enrollment process to happen automatically because that's what it did when I previously used the software. It looks like that doesn't happen with this version using the "BYOD" enrollment process. On the iPhone had to go into settings/general/device management/Meraki Management. Once that was done. I was able to see the device in MSM

Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@cteaglesfan 

Do you show any devices within System Manager - Manage - DEP?

vassallon_0-1595262319270.png

If not something is not quite setup right. Here is the document from Meraki on using DEP.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Apple_Device_Enrollment_Program_(DEP)

I suspect there is either a breakdown in communication between Apple and Meraki or there is something with how the devices were purchased that is breaking the automated import into the Apple Business Manager portal which is not allowing the devices to flow into Meraki.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I stumbled upon what I was doing wrong. I was expecting the enrollment process to happen automatically because that's what it did when I previously used the software. It looks like that doesn't happen with this version using the "BYOD" enrollment process. On the iPhone had to go into settings/general/device management/Meraki Management. Once that was done. I was able to see the device in MSM

Matt

BobMacco
Here to help

Have you assigned the devices to the network in Apple Manager?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels