Systems Manager: Cannot Select Device After Enrolling via DEP

EdgardoF
New here

Systems Manager: Cannot Select Device After Enrolling via DEP

I have been using the free license for a couple of years now. Recently, however, I have run into a strange problem. Normally I would enroll the IOS device via Apple Business Manager. The device would then show up in the DEP list in SM. I would select the device and assign settings. Then I would click on the device's name, which is a hyperlink, to further edit details for the device, such as name, owner, etc. The problem I am facing is that for some devices, the name is not a hyperlink and there is no way to select it in order to set the relevant details. What would make such a thing happen?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisShaw
New here

Hello EdgardoF,

I have this same issue and raised it as a case with Meraki. It looks like they know about it, this was their reply on 04/08/2020 (August):

I have investigated further and unfortunately, this is a known issue that is currently being investigated by our engineering team. As soon as any updates are available I will let you know.

In this meantime, the engineering team informed possible work arounds (both need to happen post-enrollment):
* Assign owners to devices in bulk with a .csv uploaded in the SM > Owners page.
* Enable User Authentication, so owners are automatically assigned during enrollment. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the issue, but rest assured is it being looked into.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thanks ChrisShaw.

I am surprised that they say it is a priority but it has been more than 3 weeks and still no fix.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels