System Manager and Active Directory authentication

SOLVED
AlmostAdmin
Conversationalist

System Manager and Active Directory authentication

Does anyone have experience using System Manager to manage devices in multiple domains? We are getting started deploying system manager to our iOS devices and have run into a few hurdles.

First here is where we are. I set up a DC as our authentication gateway for our main domain. I was able to configure AD authentication so users are assigned as device owners and their exchange profiles are configured to iOS mail when a device is enrolled. 

The problem is we have more than one domain we need to manage. When I go to enroll a device I must enter a username and password and can only authenticate users from our main domain.

I am going to try setting up another gateway on a DC from another domain as a test. 

Until I get this figured out, I can't even deploy it to users from the other domains. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
T1
Building a reputation

Just spin up a separate MDM network per each domain. We have four in our tenant with different authentication methods.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
T1
Building a reputation

Just spin up a separate MDM network per each domain. We have four in our tenant with different authentication methods.

AlmostAdmin
Conversationalist

Thank you! That makes so much sense. I knew I was just looking too closely at it. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels