SM for macOS Remote Desktop

antonpoernomo
New here

SM for macOS Remote Desktop

Hi,

I want to ask is Meraki SM able to do remote desktop in Mac OS as well as in windows? What version able to support remote desktop to run it smoothly?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Haven´t tried, but maybe this helps a bit

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Other_Topics/Systems_Manager_Remote_Desktop

"Remote Desktop allows you to view and control the desktop of any managed client running Windows or macOS with the agent installed."

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Systems_Manager_Agent_and_MDM_Profile_Enrollme...

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I've used RDP from within SM. It works. Now how well not sure. Anytime I've needed to use it worked well.

Enthusiast
beks88
A model citizen

A few days ago I tried it again on a MacBook with 10.14. 

I was able to connect, but couldn't click anything. I assume the agent is missing to force the device to grant access to accessibility in security settings.

I didn't investigate it further since we use also TeamViewer.

Yes this is an ongoing issue that has been with me since day one, with blame being pushed toward Apple's Mojave requirement of observe only. But I have set all my machines to allow control (manually) and still I get the issue where I can see the remote computer via in browser, or screen sharing hand-off, but I can not move the mouse nor interact in any fashion. 

I can do both via local screen sharing or ARD so my guess is the issue lies with Meraki.

I have tried older OS set-ups as well and issue persists. Kinda makes the advertised feature a little bit of a sad trombone. I've been waiting 4 months for a resolution, and the latest theory is that it's a Mojave bug.

One day I'll be able to reach out to my field folks; this is what I keep telling myself, because surely an advertised feature would work, right? 

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@beks88  @Richard_W that has happened to me as well with the clicking. I noticed that by using Firefox instead of Chrome fixed that "not able to click" issue. Weird though that Chrome browser does it. 

Enthusiast

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. I tried Safari and Chrome.
But would not the hand-off to screen sharing resolve that?

Outcome the same with Firefox as well, ;(
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@Richard_W BOOOOO!!! 😞  sorry bro.

Enthusiast

twiddles thumbs

And more on the topic that is not yet resolved; I can remote control PC's in SM just not any Macs.

Useful except for the fact I have more Mac clients than PC clients.

Is anyone able to remote control Macs in SM?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels