Removing Android Apps

Android2020
Just browsing

Removing Android Apps

I know iOS MDM like the back of my hand, but have only needed to get up to speed with Android for Work this past week. We just bought 80 Lenovo tablets for our school, which I am experimenting with in Meraki. One of the models comes with a lot of games pre-installed, which are still there after a full wipe and enrolling into Meraki. These include: Bike Hop, Bottle Jump 3D and Final Fantasy XV.

Is there a way to remove (or even just hide) them?

I see in Settings > Android System Apps

that I can create a whitelist of blacklist, but these apps don't appear in the blacklist. When I tried specifically whitelisting apps previously I lost access to the keyboard, which I know is a known issue with a workaround.

1) What is the best way to remove the apps I've mentioned above?

2) If I try whitelisting System Apps again, how do I find out the name of the keyboard that I have. The one listed in the support article is 'com.google.android.inputmethod.latin' but I don't know if this is also the name of the keyboard I have on these devices. I haven't been able to track it down in settings.

0 Replies 0
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels