Re-enrolment issue after Apple Push Notification certificate has expired

Solved
BCDCC
Here to help

Re-enrolment issue after Apple Push Notification certificate has expired

We have got a couple of iPads that are enrolled in DEP. Unfortunately, we only renewed the Apple Push Notification certificate after it has expired.

Renewal in Apple Business Manager and Meraki MDM were successful. However the same cannot be said with the re-enrolment of the iPads. 

We have "disown" and released the iPads from Apple Business Manager, remove them from Meraki DEP but because Meraki are no longer pushing updates to the iPads, the tablets were not getting any instruction about the removal of DEP. We are unable to remove the MDM profile from the tablets. What should we do now to remove MDM from the iPads completely?

1 Accepted Solution

Because the certificates have expired - your only option is to factory reset the iPads.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@BCDCC 

I would say you have two options with these iPads to get them functional. The easiest is to reset them and that will remove any previous Meraki information. The other option is to manually re-enroll them into Meraki via the add devices option within your network.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Because the certificates have expired - your only option is to factory reset the iPads.

Thanks... I had issue getting the tablet to be recognised on my laptop but it's all good now.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels