Privacy Preferences

jm_peterson
Getting noticed

Privacy Preferences

I know the answer is no before I ask it, but has anyone found documentation from Meraki on the ever so late to the game addition of PPPC control in SM? I saw this option slide in under the radar and cant find any information on it.

It would be nice to not have to create dozens of different PPPC profiles and wish upon a star scoping works, but as per usual the lack of documentation has me apprehensive to either move forward with this or trust it will work.

2 REPLIES 2
sshort
Building a reputation

Not sure how much research you've done, but you'll need to push/install these profiles after the Mac is on Mojave (never before). The PPPC profiles will happily install if the Mac is on an earlier OS, but nothing happens b/c it doesn't know how to enforce prefs that don't exist yet. If the Mac is subsequently updated to Mojave the profiles don't get magically refreshed or enforced, so you have to completely unscope the tag to remove, and then rescope a tag to reinstall.

PPPC Utility makes it easy to create the profiles, then just upload the .mobileconfig to Meraki.

@sshortThanks for the response. That's the way I have been doing it and it works flawlessly. Granted I would like Meraki to have provided this since it was needed, several months ago, but this post is about them sliding in the ability to do so without any information about it. Using Jamf's tool works great, is intuitive, and has plenty of documentation. The "feature" we were given is confusing and has zero information about it. Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 5.18.20 PM.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels