Payload Does Not Match the Old Payload - Old certificate has not expired

Deborah
Here to help

Payload Does Not Match the Old Payload - Old certificate has not expired

Hi, This time last year I went through the very painful process of an expired push certificate. This year I thought I would be ahead of the game and renew in plenty of time.

However as soon as I upload the new certificate in the Meraki Dashboard, Organization, Configure, MDM (I am renewing). I lose the connection to all the ipads. So when I go into the individual device I see the the push Certificate is non-compliant.

If I try to re-enroll via the webpage, m.meraki.com I am told to install it via settings, General, Profile & Device Management but when I try to install it via there I get the error message above.

I do NOT have the ability to uninstall the old profile from the ipad. 

Can I uninstall the old profile from the dashboard?

Actually what can I do?

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you sure you renewed as opposed to getting a new certificate? 

Absolutely, positively sure.

Hi, I have managed to sort of fix this....

I think my problem was that I had disabled the option for the iPads to remove the Meraki Management profile. This appeared to have the side-effect of removing the ability to update it as well.

To get around this,

First I went back to the old certificate - luckily I had saved it & the old hard drive it was stored on!

I set up a new profile with the removable option set to Yes.

In the dashboard for each device I chose to unenroll device for each iPad (glad I only had 43 to worry about)

Then I pushed out the certificate again

Finally I visited each iPad to enroll them again.

So a pain in the neck but not as bad as rebuilding each iPad.

If anyone has any simpler method for next year, I would be grateful.

CC88
Conversationalist

Strange thing is that half my iPad certificates are ok and the other half are not.

CC88
Conversationalist

I still have my old certificate but it has expired. Reverting to it might do more harm in my case, I think.

CC88
Conversationalist

Very sure as I clicked "Renew" as I have done so every year.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels