Opening mail attachment with containerized app

SOLVED
danmhrb
Conversationalist

Opening mail attachment with containerized app

Dear all,

with Meraki MDM I have one managed app (CAS genesisWorld) and 2 managed Settings "Exchange ActiveSync Email" on our iOS devices.

The first Exchange setting delivers an email-account from the Exchange Server and the second the contacts out of the CRM-system.

Users are allowed to install other apps as well, such as Whatsapp, Telegram, and others. But: because of our data protection regulation in europe we are not allowed to use our company contacts with Whatsapp, ....

Therefor I need to containerize company contacts, mails and CAS genesisWorld.

I can do that with these restrictions: 

1. Do not containerize work data and contacts from unmanaged apps

2. Do not containerize personal data and contacts from managed apps

But then I cannot open mail attachments, which I can only open with my managed app "CAS genesisWorld"!

I played around a lot - but didn't find a solution.

For me it seems, that I need to tell iOS that the app "CAS genesisWorld" and "Mail" are in the same container. But I cannot find something like this.

Can anybody help, please?

Best Regards,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danmhrb
Conversationalist

To let you know: it is working now!
I tested again and found a mistake or better a bug:
I installed genesisWorld on the mobile phone on my own, not out of meraki as managed app. Afterwards I ticked “Attempt to manage unmanaged” (within System Manager > Manage > Apps > "CAS genesisWorld SmartDesign") to make “genesisWorld” a managed app. But obviously that didn’t work.

After uninstalling genesisWorld from the mobile phone manually and installing it within the profile, everything is working now like it should work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
danmhrb
Conversationalist

PS: it is definitely not what I thought. I installed Outlook as managed app and here is the same issue: cannot open the attachment with genesisWorld after applying the restrictions.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have all your users relocate out of Europe.

danmhrb
Conversationalist

To let you know: it is working now!
I tested again and found a mistake or better a bug:
I installed genesisWorld on the mobile phone on my own, not out of meraki as managed app. Afterwards I ticked “Attempt to manage unmanaged” (within System Manager > Manage > Apps > "CAS genesisWorld SmartDesign") to make “genesisWorld” a managed app. But obviously that didn’t work.

After uninstalling genesisWorld from the mobile phone manually and installing it within the profile, everything is working now like it should work.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels