Mobile Devices Cannot Be Rebooted at this time

Roger
Conversationalist

Mobile Devices Cannot Be Rebooted at this time

Anyone know why i get this message when trying to reboot?

Android tablets. 

4 REPLIES 4
TylerJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Roger wrote:

Anyone know why i get this message when trying to reboot?

Android tablets. 

Hi Roger,

Is this issue still occurring for you?

I'm assuming you're seeing this error when attempting to reboot the device from the Meraki Dashboard. I'll need a little bit more information to help:

How is the Android tablet deployed? (Just enrolled normally, owner enrolled, etc?)
Is the device online and checking into the Meraki Dashboard?
Does the device have the SM agent installed?

Roger
Conversationalist

Meraki is installed with AFW#Meraki.

every other part of the dash board seems to work. I can update and push out apps no problem.

They are samsung tablets.

Jan
Comes here often

Hi

We seem to struggle with the same. Not able to Reboot/ Shut down/ Remote desktop Android pads. 

Did you get any help on this one?

BR

Jan

Jan
Comes here often

This is the reply from Cisco Meraki Technical Support.

"I performed tests and reached out internally to double-check the expected behaviour. It turns out that these commands are currently not available for Android devices (they are for desktop devices (Mac OS X, Windows), and for iOS supervised devices only).

I also checked if there was any plans of impementing this shortly, but it's not the case at the moment. I suggest using the "Make a Wish" button located at the bottom of your dashboard. This will go straight through to our Product Development team, and if enough people wish for something, it will get pushed higher up the development schedule. "

A pity that this functionality is not available for Androids. Please "Make a wish" as recommended, if you need the functionality.

BR
Jan

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels