Managing both MacOS and Windows on Bootcamp through SM

SOLVED
michaelg
Conversationalist

Managing both MacOS and Windows on Bootcamp through SM

I basically want to find out if this is possible/advisable, and if there's any best practices (i.e. register the Mac side in SM first, then Windows) as well as any pitfalls to watch out for.

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see any issues with managing both, and I can't see it making any difference which one you do first.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see any issues with managing both, and I can't see it making any difference which one you do first.

WadeAlsup
A model citizen

The only downside I see would be the need for two SM licenses for a single device, one for each OS. But if you're ok with that, I don't see any issue using SM for both. 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
michaelg
Conversationalist

Thanks - looks like it works just fine. I was concerned that there might be some sort of conflict or issue since both entries in SM would share the same serial number, but all is well.

@michaelg  As mentioned you would need two licenses per device. Is the user going to be switching between them often? Also what information are you want to capture? 

@BlakeRichardson The user will switch somewhat regularly. It's less about collecting information and more about enforcing policies and pushing out software and vpn/wifi configs to him. Since this is a pretty uncommon setup in our org, burning an extra license isn't the end of the world.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels