Managed App Config - Google Chrome on iOS

T_Spriggs
Conversationalist

Managed App Config - Google Chrome on iOS

I am trying to configure the settings for Google Chrome on an iOS profile, but I am unaware of what settings I should be using or what keys it will recognize. Is there someplace that I can get this information, or is someone able to assist me with this inquiry? Any beneficial information would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if you can configure the home page.  You can configure managed bookmarks though.

You need to load some content like the below into Systems Manager (as a managed bookmark).

{
  "kind": "androidenterprise#managedConfiguration",
  "productId": "app:com.android.chrome",
  "managedProperty": [
    {
      "key": "EditBookmarksEnabled",
      "valueBool": false
    },
    {
      "key":"ManagedBookmarks",
      "valueString": "[{\"toplevel_name\":\"Contoso Bookmarks\"},{\"url\":\"microsoft.com\",\"name\":\"Microsoft\"},{\"url\":\"blogs.technet.microsoft.com\",\"name\":\"Favourite Blogs\"},{\"name\":\"Email services\",\"children\":[{\"url\":\"gmail.com\",\"name\":\"GMail\"},{\"url\":\"outlook.com\",\"name\":\"Outlook\"}]}]"
    }  
     ]
}

Then go into Chrome on the phone. Click on the three dots on the top right hand side and select bookmarks.  Then click on the "hamburger" three strip menu on the top left and select "Managed Bookmarks".  

But I said on iOS, not android...

I'm only a year and a half late to this party, but am trying to do the same thing and found this in the Chromium admin guide for IOS:

Policy Support on Chrome on iOS is being removed in Chrome 48 as part of Chrome's move to WKWebView where supporting many of the policies was not possible. 
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels