Manage iPad Cameras and Photos App

SOLVED
Bluegrass
Here to help

Manage iPad Cameras and Photos App

I would like to make sure that photos taken on a device stay on that device and do not sync with other devices either through photostream or iCloud. All of our iPads have a common iCloud account we use to push out apps. We solely use Meraki and have not used any Apple mobility management tools. We want students to take pictures for school projects but we don't want those photos showing up on other iPad and we don't want students sending pictures to other students. Photostream is not enabled in the Meraki web console. Is there a way to put restriction on the Photos App and Camera function?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, I found the setting for Allow iCloud Photo Library (iOS 9+, macOS 10.12+) and it is greyed out. and checked by default. Apparently we have the free legacy version of Meraki and need to upgrade to control that feature.  Then that probably explains why the photos are being pushed out. Allow Photostream is managed by us and it is unchecked. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

Have a look at these setting:

Systems Manager/Settings/Restrictions/iOS & MacOS/Allow iCloud Photo Library 

Systems Manager/Settings/Restrictions/iOS & MacOS/Allow photo stream

I would expect revoking those settings would help your issue.

Thanks, I found the setting for Allow iCloud Photo Library (iOS 9+, macOS 10.12+) and it is greyed out. and checked by default. Apparently we have the free legacy version of Meraki and need to upgrade to control that feature.  Then that probably explains why the photos are being pushed out. Allow Photostream is managed by us and it is unchecked. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels