MDM Live Tools - Remote Desktop blank screen

nealgs
Building a reputation

MDM Live Tools - Remote Desktop blank screen

Anyone have an issue with Remote Desktop in live tools connecting but not showing the screen?

I can do Process list etc and they work fine.  Try remote desktop, user confirms that Remote desktop is connecting (users background goes black) but the Meraki Dashboard doesn't show the screen - even when you try and expand it it's blank.

Device is Windows 10 machine, tried rebooting PC, and windows updates are upto date etc.

It's a really good feature but (even though it still says Beta and has been for the past 3yrs or more) it's a bit hit and miss at times - are there any plans to finish this and move it out of Beta into final release??  I prefer using it (albeit it when user has more than one Monitor it gets a bit awkward to see everything) over GotoAssist for example.

cheers

Gary

5 REPLIES 5
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Hello @nealgs sometimes it depends on the browser too. I use firefox and have no issues but then on Chrome I can't get it to connect at times or even at all. It is still in beta as well so I'm sure Meraki will continue to work on it.

Enthusiast
nealgs
Building a reputation

thanks for the reply kYutobi 🙂

Yeh, i'm using Chrome, don't use firefox, so will try IE and Edge (blurgh! 🙂 )

Beta - over 3yrs now it's a great tool and works pretty well when it shows the screen.

Come on Meraki, get ya finger out and get it out of Beta 😄 👍

rgds

Gary

nealgs
Building a reputation

well, strangely enough i've just tried IE to the same pc that is not showing the screen in Chrome and low and behold - it shows the screen fine.

So it would appear to be a Chrome related issue possibly 🙂

cheers

Gary

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

It must be because I think I've never got it to work on Chrome. 

Enthusiast
nealgs
Building a reputation

as a further update to this i tried again a bit later with IE to the same PC that earlier had worked and it didn't work 😞

oh well.... 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels