Lightening flash drive access

Jimmy_Carlyle
Comes here often

Lightening flash drive access

HI folks,

I have a user trying to copy photos from an iPad on our Meraki system onto a lightening flash drive to transfer to PC.

The app that comes with the flash drive does not see the drive when plugged into the iPad. I've tried to look for a setting that could be stopping it but can't see anything. The drive and app work fine when plugged into an iPad that is not of the Meraki network. 

Do not get a Trust this device message either and I think this is the problem.

I've contacted Meraki support and they want me to use a lightening hub to connect the iPad and flash drive to a MacBook. I've bought the Apple USB\Lightening connector but this does not work as a hub. Is anyone aware of a lightening hub that can do this, for the life of me I cannot find anything.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jimmy

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Couldn't you just install iTunes on the PC, plug in the iPad, and transfer the photos that way?

I would suggest using dropbox to sync the photos automatically from your iPad to your PC. 

Dropbox is blocked within our environment, we do have access to OneDrive but this is very slow and seems to take ages to show the files once uploaded.

USB access might be disabled on the iPads. If you cannot use Dropbox are you able to use Google Drive?

Hi yep found the setting about USB restriction and have turned that off and it seems to be working now when the iPad is plugged into a computer. Could not see the wood for the trees. Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

The computers are not picking up the iPad and when they do they cannot see the photos folder. Not sure if this is a security setting on the computer or on the iPad as I do not see the Trust this device message.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels