Google Contacts - How do I link to a different Google Account?

GJ
New here

Google Contacts - How do I link to a different Google Account?

I am trying to link to a Google Account so that all contacts from that account will be synced with Google Contacts.
However I am unsuccessful to find a solution from this forum or the help page.

This is what I have done so far:

1. I have enrolled my Android phone via Device Owner mode (Meraki Managed).
  2. Added a tag say, Common_Contacts and created a profile, Help_Desk. Then linked the tag to the profile.
  3. Then I added the Android app, Google Contacts and tag it to Common_Contacts
  4. Going back to the Help_Desk profile, I clicked on Add Settings -> Filter to Android -> Select Managed App Settings
  5. Then I entered the following:
    Platform: Android
    App: Contacts

Then I came to Settings section and I think this is where I enter the Google, GMail account.
But when I click on Show Supported Settings, I don't see anything.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you.

I have looked at this solution but this one is for GMail only:
https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Using_the_Managed_App_Settings_Payload#Add...

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

Here is an example for adding the GMail app.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Profiles_and_Settings/Configuring_Exchange_Accounts_on_Android_E...

Hi Philip,

Thank you for directing me to that page.

I did come across it earlier and was using that guide as an example for Google Contacts.

Only issue I have is that the Supported Settings list for Contacts is blank while there are options available for GMail.

Also I don't know if the options in GMail are applicable for Contacts as well.

I can investigate and try them but I am hoping someone in the community would have an immediately solution. 🙂

Thank you

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels