Feature Request: Automatic Updating of managed iOS Apps

SOLVED
RoboTech
Getting noticed

Feature Request: Automatic Updating of managed iOS Apps

Has this feature been implemented or is it in the works? Last time I checked we had to manually update any apps pushed to iOS devices. Jamf has had this feature for a while...

http://docs.jamf.com/9.9/casper-suite/administrator-guide/Mobile_Device_App_Updates.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

It's definitely not implemented at this point. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
RoboTech
Getting noticed

That's too bad. Can we start a feature request and put some major heat on Meraki to add this. It's kind of ridiculous to be baby sitting app updates in the year 2018.
Mark24
Getting noticed

Yeah Airwatch has had this feature for awhile now too.

https://my.air-watch.com/help/9.1/en/Content/Core_Guides/MAM/T/MD_DvcBsd_AutoUpdate.htm

RoboTech
Getting noticed

Renamed to "Feature Request"
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

We need this feature with 60+ apps in the catalog. I will submit a "wish".

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

It is a good idea, but we should have the ability to not auto update apps as well. We have a couple apps that the developers enjoy using us as beta testers so we'd like to avoid that.

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I submitted a wish for this a loooooooooong time ago and I'm still waiting for it to happen. I'm just glad the new App management screen makes it a bit easier to update the apps but I'd much rather not have to manually check for and apply updates. With hundreds of different Apps and multiple schools this is rather time consuming.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

I've been submitting this and other stuff as wishes for a few years and nothing has ever come of it... oh well, just another wish in the well 😉
RoboTech
Getting noticed
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels