Disable App monitoring / Network Summary.

SOLVED
PlateauRepas
Here to help

Disable App monitoring / Network Summary.

Hi,

I'm using and working on a standard use of Meraki MDM in my organization.

The most part of my Clients are Android Smartphones and tablets.

The software monitoring is so intrusing for my organization, we don't want to know if someone has installed an application on the "Owner device".

I looked on Settings but i don't see a way to disable or hide this. Even with an administrator account with no rights for , this will be enough.

I missed something or this is impossible ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Haydn
Getting noticed

When deploying in a BYOD environment (e.g Samsung - Secure Folder/Knox) I am only shown a list of applications installed within that profile. Not sure if going this way will achieve what you want?

You have to consider that settings will only be pushed to this profile/folder if you went down this route.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Application management is one the the primary reasons for using an MDM in a business.  It allows you to push business apps out to users and [hopefully] remotely configure them.

Yeah.. This is what i was thinking. No way to know if apps are uptodate or pushed if you don't get a list of actual apps installed.
Haydn
Getting noticed

When deploying in a BYOD environment (e.g Samsung - Secure Folder/Knox) I am only shown a list of applications installed within that profile. Not sure if going this way will achieve what you want?

You have to consider that settings will only be pushed to this profile/folder if you went down this route.

Interesting, i'll try this way to see if it's corresponding to our needs. I'll post my feedback thanks for your help.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels