Device view -- new button "Unenroll Device"

SOLVED
alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

Device view -- new button "Unenroll Device"

Hi,

Just noticed that new button qwedqweqweqw.PNG

just want to be sure about what it does.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@alexis_cazalaa sorry I did not clarify, this will not remove devices from DEP, and only removes the MDM enrollment (profile, apps, settings) from the device itself, DEP is not impacted.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

This is another great example why there needs to be a Change Log  and Advanced notice before a feature like this is thrown out there. its like a Red Button  Ya don't know what it does but you REALLLLLY wanna push it to find out LOL

One would hope it doesn't unenrol from DEP as that would be a nightmare if thats accidentally clicked. 

@BlakeRichardson that's my main concern. that is why i need their definition for "Unenroll'

@alexis_cazalaa You can safely click that unenroll button, and you'll get an "Are you sure" pop-up with the description "This will remove the management profile on the device and unenroll it from Systems Manager.  Are you sure?" 

Hope that helps!  I do agree that this new button kind of silently showed up recently, and there should be a little "i" information bubble/popup to explain what it does.  Looks like there's no mention of it in the documentation yet here: https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Uninstalling_Systems_Manager_and_Removing_Mana... so I'll bring this up with the UI and Documentation teams.

hi, i already read the description. i need to know what "unenroll" means, is it just about deleting the client.
i don't think that would release it from DEP but i need to make sure.

@alexis_cazalaa sorry I did not clarify, this will not remove devices from DEP, and only removes the MDM enrollment (profile, apps, settings) from the device itself, DEP is not impacted.

@MerakiDave  All those options have now disappeared 

Capturegg.JPG

@MikeMandalorian wrote:

@MerakiDave  All those options have now disappeared 

Capturegg.JPG

same to me

alexis_cazalaa
Building a reputation

still got it hereCapture.PNG

@beks88 @MikeMandalorian Give Support a ring, some of us are seeing those options, some a not, so something is out of sync on the back end between our different shards perhaps, should be a quick fix.

@alexis_cazalaa also wanted to make sure that clarification answered your question.

The magic buttons came back over weekend.

So it sounds like this new "unenroll device" button does the same thing as the old "Remove" button that shows when you click the Edit details button at the top of the client page.  Is this true or is there some new functionality?

"Remove" just removed the device from the client list... this one adds profile removal.
cqlm
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

At this time it is only supported for iOS/iPadOS. Furthermore, it is briefly mentioned as a method in the following KB for specifically iOS/iPadOS:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Uninstalling_Systems_Manager_and_Removing_Mana...

As Dave mentioned this will only remove the management profile. To unenroll ADE devices please refer to this section:

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Uninstalling_Systems_Manager_and_Removing_Mana...)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels