Device Based Activation Locks

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

Device Based Activation Locks

So I was just at a meeting with Apple and the topic of Activation Locks came up and how they don't always clear successfully through the MDM. One of the things that was brought up was that most MDM vendors are not utilizing Device Based activation locks, they are still relying on the iCloud based activation lock system. 

Does anyone happen to know if Meraki is using Device Based Activation locks? If not, can we get them? 

I have already made a wish for it but I wanted to draw attention to it here.

https://help.apple.com/deployment/mdm/#/mdm789N2K1QP

Allow Activation Lock

iOS

Enable Activation Lock

iOS (Apple School Manager only)

Remove Activation Lock

iOS

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
1 REPLY 1
JoeFleisch
Conversationalist

I am under the impression the ability to remove an activation lock is based on iOS version. I am having no luck with iOS 10.3+. I was told Apple changed the method Activation locks talk to the Apple secure server

I opened a support case April 10th, 2018 and it was escalated to development. I have no idea how long this will take to modify.

I setup a spare DEP enrolled iPad Air 2 with iOS 11.3 today and I cannot unlock the Activation with Meraki EMM today June 22, 2018.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels