DEP

SOLVED
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

DEP

90% of my Ipads say pushed and are in correct working order ,, but the one that says assigned is my test ipad that has similar setting assigned to make sure everything is working on my ipads out in the field ,,, any idea why it says ASSIGNED verses pushed Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MikeMandalorian What about forcing an erase through Meraki? I have seen this also trigger the device to download the settings correctly.

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jared_f
Kind of a big deal

The device has not received its configuration from DEP. As soon as the device enrolls, it will show as pushed.

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

I have also seen this occur if an iPad has not been reset to factory defaults in a while or if there was a change to the DEP settings after the device was last reset. If you were to erase all content and settings on your test iPad I would assume it should change to pushed.

Yea that is what i just Did to make sure and it still says Assigned 

@MikeMandalorian What about forcing an erase through Meraki? I have seen this also trigger the device to download the settings correctly.

yea took a few Wipes but it finally corrected itself,,  i put this IPAd through the ringer with testing for the community and for my program 

I don't see how having to wipe the device remotely is an acceptable solution to this.  I have a dozen of these in the field that just say 'Assigned'.    I really don't want to have to remote wipe 12 people's phones for this.    What is the root cause?

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@RamShear 

The only time these settings can be applied is on the initial setup of the device. If these devices are already up and running when this profile is applied the only way these settings can take affect is if the device is reset. There is no method for these to be applied after the initial setup is completed.

OK that's interesting, I'm not sure how the same profile would be assigned to the device after it was already pushed before.   But at least that explains why it won't change for them.

Thanks,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels