Cannot Remove Activation Lock

MilanVuletic
Here to help

Cannot Remove Activation Lock

Hello,

When pushing out our DEP profile we ran into a problem where one of our first employee's phone has been activation locked to a different management email. We do not know who it belong to but the phone does show up in our DEP, I have disabled the activation lock thru the meraki command and meraki confirms that it is successful but the activation lock is still there.... am I missing something? why can I not remove the activation lock. I have called apple but since it is still in our DEP they cannot remove the lock either. 

My only option is to call our phone provider get them to remove the device from our DEP then get apple to remove the lock.

Can anyone help me out? 

2 Replies 2
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I have had an issue like that happen to me but the only thing I did was stay on the screen for activation, then disable activation lock, press back button, then continue forward and the activation lock is released. I'm sure this has been attempted but just thought I'd throw it out there.  

Enthusiast
Rebry
Here to help

Hi!

Are you able to fetch out an activation lock bypass code from MDM-command -> mobile security -> show bypass code? (under the device itself in sm) Try inserting this into the password field at the activation lock email and password. keep the email field blank. 

You could try to unlock it with an administrator apple id from Apple business manager, cause I've seen once, that a device was locked to this appleID. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels