App Configuration with Profile

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

App Configuration with Profile

Hi All,

I hope all is well. We have started using gmails at my org and we want to have the gmail app avalible in Meraki MDM for the user to download if they feel they want to switch from Apple mail. It is my quest to make configuration of the gmail app more streamlined by syncing down the "App Settings" profile with the following configration:

Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 10.26.39 AM.png

The profile is installed on the device and I install the Gmail app and open it, but it does not prompt the user to log in to there work account (synced via there record in Meraki). Am I doing it wrong? 

Thank you in advanced for any help,

Jared

Find this helpful? Click the kudos button. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

And I assume it is not downloading their email as well?

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Correct @PhilipDAth, the app downloads and opens, but it does not recive the app configration I have set. This allows the user to log into any account.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Those settings look like they are to do with Microsoft Exchange.

https://support.google.com/work/android/answer/7065453?hl=en

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth I saw that a few hours ago. I am trying to pull our corparte email (provided by Google) and fill it and prompt the user to log in. Do you think there is a way to do this? We are not an exchange enviroment.

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

I have thought about pushing down the Google Configuration, but for the life of me I cannot find how to push down our users individual email addresses. Thanks for any help!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try configuring it using these settings (as though you are using an Exchange server):

https://www.lifewire.com/what-are-gmail-exchange-activesync-settings-1170851

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

You are a life saver @PhilipDAth. Worked perfectly!

Hey @jared_f, would have liked to have been the one to provide you with the help, but alas... twas not me!

Glad to know you are in a better "configurational" place!

jared_f
Kind of a big deal

Hahaha. Just noticed my mistake @BetaPhish. Love the Meraki community!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels