Android authentication problem - Huawei MediaPad T3

jdmitchell1980
Conversationalist

Android authentication problem - Huawei MediaPad T3

I have signed up for a trial of EMM and I'm trying to enroll an Android device.

We use Google for mail filtering but our emails still sit on our own exchange server so it may not be a typical Google environment. It took a few attempts for it to recognise the token but that but went through in the end.

I have tried scanning the QR code and picking an existing network, which populates the enrollment code. It asks for a username and password - I know I have put in the right details but it says "Incorreect username/password combination or invalid account added"

I did some searching and found people with similar problems and tried enabling device owner mode using ADB. When I started Android SM, it just closed itself. I tried restarting but no joy.

I uninstalled it and linked the device to an account on my domain to see if I could install it from the Google store. When I started it, it only let me install the Google Device Policy and the device now shows up in the Google admin screens - is something not set up right? When I go to manage the EMM provider it says my currently selected enterpise mobility management provider is Systems Manager.

The device I am trying to register is a HUAWEI MediaPad T3

Since initially posting this I have unbound and rebound the EMM provider - I went through the instructions to set it up for device owner enrollment but it is showing up as requiring Google Apps Device Policy rather than Meraki Systems Manager. 

Anybody out there got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

James

7 REPLIES 7
MikeMandalorian
A model citizen

This is all the Info i found under Android Documentation ,, hope this helps 

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/Android_Enrollment

I have looked through that page - our scenario is "Deploy and manage single purpose Android devices: Android Enterprise device owner mode (with kiosk mode)"

I have now set up a profile to enable kiosk mode.

The page you linked to referenced a deployment guide - I looked through that. The token was generated last week and the enrolment worked the second time I tried it. I un-bound it and re-enrolled it in case there was a problem with the first enrolment.

The user authentication settings are Google: Sign in with Google

I want Device Owner Enrolment. The link above doesn't seem to suggest I need to do anything now except log in with the account belonging to the bound Google domain, yet when I try this, when the instructions suggest I should see a screen saying Meraki Systems Manager will be installed, I get a screen saying Google Apps Device Policy will be installed.

What version of Android is the tablet running? 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

The Android version is 6.0

The model number is BG2-W09 and the Build number is BG2-W09C100B007

The kernel version is 3.18.22+

huawei@wuhjk0019cna #1

Tue Dec 26 15:37:01 CST 2017

It's probably worth opening a case with Support so they can take a look at what's happening. 

My only other suggestion would be to add a regular Google account to the device and make sure that Google Play Services gets updated to the latest version. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

I called support - I hadn't disabled Mobile Management in the Google settings!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What are you using for your authentication source?  This might give a hint as to why this part is failing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels