Android Marshmallow - Corrupt Data upon Encryption

Ferg
New here

Android Marshmallow - Corrupt Data upon Encryption

Hi,

I've followed the instructions presented in the following article to setup a phone running Android Marshmallow with Meraki Systems Manager as Device Admin.  This is a fresh install.  Unfortunately, the instructions are not accurate and do not represent what actually happens when this process is followed.  After entering afw#meraki into the google account setup screen, meraki is downloaded, and I'm told I need to encrypt the device.  Cool.  I allow the encryption, which takes maybe 2-3 minutes, and I'm brought to a password screen to start Android.  Since there isn't one, I make one up.  I'm then told the password is accurate (no matter what I enter), but the data is corrupt.  Upon resetting the phone via the button, to remove the encryption, I'm again brought to the password screen.  I have to go into recovery and manually wipe the phone in order to start the process over again.  Is there anything in particular that will cause this?  I can't help but think I've missed something here.  This is an unrooted phone with (at the time of install) an unlocked bootloader, though I believe I've tried locking it back up.  I'll take whatever suggestions you can give me, and sincerely appreciate any assistance you can provide.

3 REPLIES 3
Ferg
New here

Hi, It's just occurred to me that I did not post the article I mentioned above.  Forgive me, I've just woken.  Here is the article:  https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Deployment_Guides/Android_Enterprise_Deployment_Guide_(Android_f...)

What type of Phone are you using? I have Some Samsung J5's that need to encrypt but they always do so successfully.

Brace yourself.  I'm using an ASUS Zenfone 2e.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels