Android Enterprise User AFW - Enrolment Issue

SOLVED
Abdullah1
Just browsing

Android Enterprise User AFW - Enrolment Issue

Hiya guys, 

I am adding devices to our Organisation via the AFW account (using the QR Code setup).  Historically once enrolled we would go into the device on the Meraki portal and then set the owner, manually to the set afw account.  A few months ago however Android devices started to automatically set the owner of the device to "Android Enterprise User (cff644)" the stuff in brackets seems to change each time - Please see below a screenshot of what i am referring to.   

Meraki.JPG

I just wondered if anyone had seen this before? Should this be happening? and if this is not a bug but supposed to happen then why and what are the benefits.

Thanks in advance

Abdullah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought it was compulsory to have a user authenticate during enrollment (which sets the device owner).  I was obviously wrong ... but perhaps this is where you are coming unstuck ... or maybe I am right and that is why you are having a problem and you have gotten lucky in the past.

I suspect if you enable authentication during enrollment (we use Azure AD) that the issue will go away.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/SM_Enrollment_Authentication

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I thought it was compulsory to have a user authenticate during enrollment (which sets the device owner).  I was obviously wrong ... but perhaps this is where you are coming unstuck ... or maybe I am right and that is why you are having a problem and you have gotten lucky in the past.

I suspect if you enable authentication during enrollment (we use Azure AD) that the issue will go away.

https://documentation.meraki.com/SM/Device_Enrollment/SM_Enrollment_Authentication

Thanks bud, i'll give that a go.  

It is strange because we would always use our Afw account but randomly a few months ago we started to get the owner automatically assigning the Android Enterprise User account.

I'll have a look at the authentication set up on our account.

Thanks again

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels