Android Apps automatically installing on devices even with disable auto install selected

Chris123
Comes here often

Android Apps automatically installing on devices even with disable auto install selected

As the title suggests all the approved Android apps are installing automatically on devices that are tagged in the scope even though I have ticked 'disable auto install'.

Essentially I want users to have the ability to go into the Play Work store and download the approved applications if they decide to. At the present all of the approved android apps that match the scope of devices automatically install leading to users having 30/40 apps installed. All these devices are Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 running Nougat. 

I have just enrolled a new device today and tagged it with the appropriate tag and around 30 apps have now installed automatically even though they all have the 'disable auto install' selected. 

I have had a support ticket open for a few months now and they have yet to resolve the issue.#

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

9 REPLIES 9
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try setting up a new "test" profile and see if you can replicate the issue, if not something is not set correctly. 

Can you post screenshots of what you have setup so we can have a look.

Thanks

So I have just created a completely new profile and factory reset a device (Glaaxy A5). 

Enrolled the device into the meraki and then added the relevant tag (AdminA5-Test) and straight away the app set not to install is doing so. I only setup one application for this test but here are some screenshots to show the setup and it auto installing.

Hopefully its something I am doing wrong and can easily be fixed.

App settingsApp settingsApp auto installingApp auto installing

Thanks

Has this issue been addressed? We have been experiencing the same issue with our Android devices

No it has not been addressed yet. I am in contact with support and they say they are unable to replicate it at there end but it happens to all our Galaxy A5 devices. I will be capturing some logs today and sending them off to support so hopefully they can resolve this. 

Out of curiosity what android devices are you having this issue on?

I have exactly the same issue. Apps are installed even if 'disable auto install' is ticked. Using mainly Motorola Moto G devices

We have seen this issue with couple Android devices. Samsung S7, S8 and Nexus 5

I still haven't gotten to the bottom of this with support yet. A lot of the time it is suggested to 'reset' the phone and re-enroll but this inst that easy when it is top level management/CEO who's device is doing this.

Shame because these Samsung devices are part of the office 'Android Enterprise' catalog. 

RBederian
Here to help

We have had the same issue for some time and can't seem to figure a fix. Have double checked our settings 

ScottK
Conversationalist

We are the same issue here. I have most of my apps set to NOT install automatically. Yet most of them do install with a new device setup. I just encountered this on a Samsung S9.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels