ASM not syncing / temporary Apple MDM push and all clients not connecting

theowendavies
Comes here often

ASM not syncing / temporary Apple MDM push and all clients not connecting

Hi there,

In the course of adding 12 new iOS devices to Meraki (through Apple Configurator as there were not DEP) I have successfully got them to start up and show up in Meraki Systems manager. I am within the 100 device limit (89 devices) on a free account. 

Normally I have no problems setting them up with sync-ing a simple profile called Pupil iPads. The issues I have a re as follows:

• The profile won't sync - it says the push certificate on these devices was a temporary one
  • It says there are no profiles or certificates available for the device.
  • On overview it shows a problem with syncing from ASM
  • The MDM certificate is up to date. However, when I updated it in September, I think it may have expired first.
  • All existing devices on the network have the profile out of date and can not receive it when pushed out.

All existing devices connect to our Wifi access points that are managed by our Local Education Authority. Of interest may be that the Access point routers were all changed last week, but this was done seamlessly and all the new devices have been added with the correct mac address credentials with them. 

I'm sure it's something simple I'm doing wrong but my mind is slowly unravelling as I spend each waking hour around teaching trying to solve it. 

Please can someone help?!!

3 REPLIES 3
Benny2g
New here

Hi

I would check APN - Apple Push Notification.

Maybe the problem there.

@theowendavies  If the push certifcate expired before your renewed it than you would need to factory reset all devices to get them working again. 

Are you able to post some screenshots of the error messages?

Thanks both for your replies. Here are a couple of screenshots :

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 16.09.08.pngScreenshot 2020-11-23 at 16.06.57.png

This is from one of the 12 ipads I added recently, note they say they are not Supervised. All other 77 devices show as supervised, but also show the MDM is non compliant as above.

Since I last posted, I have generated a new MDM Push certificate and uploaded etc in the knowledge that I will need to un-enroll and re-enroll all the devices with a reset (I think?!)

My gut feeling is that the 12 ones that flagged up the problem originally were added through Apple Configurator have a setting error ( perhaps I set them up using server info in AC2.5 with the wrong Meraki certificate too if it was out of compliance)

I am ready to collect all the devices in and do the reset if that's my best bet, but having tried resetting one of the new ones, it still shows up as a temporary MDM push certificate. I don't understand!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels