Remote Access

SardarAlam
Getting noticed

Remote Access

Hello All,

We are using Client VPN and any connect VPN for accessing our remote ERP server.

Now the software team is required to Generate an SSL Certificate with win-acme But they are unable.as per software team if we are make ERP server ip pingable then the issue will be resolved.

It is possible and how? i need to make private IP pingable for now.

Your help and suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6
jnekl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello,

Were you able to get this resolved? I see your other post mentioned a resolution:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Mobile-Application/Remote-Access/m-p/213837#M53

If not, could you provide further clarification on this - "But they are unable as per software team if we are make ERP server ip pingable then the issue will be resolved."

Thank you!

Thanks for your reply, The issue is still there, Our software team developed a Web domain when we try to ping our domain like  ping www.xyz.pk then reply back but internal if we try to ping same without VPN its not working while port forwarding is done. but there 2 port forwarded for this one is showing open and the other is still showing closed when check with PORT CHECKER. so maybe the issue is with the port not open still. or we can't access our internal domain with private IP from external network?

It could be a port forwarding problem, but I wouldn't expect that to be at play if we are just testing with pings. When it does work, are you on the internal network? Does the VPN put you on that same network? 

Should the site be able to be accessed externally?

Yes with VPN the Domain is reachable.there is 1 port already forwarded but still show closed all other ports which i forwarded are showing Open and working for other server.

Which port is showing closed? How are you opening this port? Same way as the others?

Yes port configured in same as other but port 80 is still closed when check with Port Checker.and the software team need that port for Win Acme app.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.