WAN3 Interface in insight on MX64 on WAN Health Page (New and Old Dashboards)

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

WAN3 Interface in insight on MX64 on WAN Health Page (New and Old Dashboards)

What is interface  WAN3  on WAN Health Page  (Ready but Down)

I only have  1 Internet interface running on the Internet Port with the WAN 2 not setup  and 320U in USB Slot for 4G backup

What is this WAN3 interface ???

Snap226.png

3 REPLIES 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wonder if it’s something cosmetic to do with your MX having a cellular connection and thus reports it as WAN 3?

I’ve just checked my dashboard and it’s only reporting WAN1.  I don’t have a second WAN or cellular connection 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
JGill
Building a reputation

What version firmware and what type of device?    I know there was talk of enabling a WAN3 port to support an extra WAN link, or MG devices for cell backup vs. the USB port cellular modems.

We have MX84's running 16.16, Z3's running a mix of 15.44 and 16.16.3.  All of them only show WAN1, WAN2, and Cellular in insight WAN health.   Here's hoping for a new feature to support WAN3 for large critical sites!     

JG

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Is this dashboard bug ever going to be fixed.  Upgraded the MX67  and still there are 3 WAN interfaces and 1 Cel.    running latest firmware.   It has been 1 and a half years now.  I opened another case as was told that as this is cosmetic the developer are prioritizing other issues that directly effect customers and closed the case.

Well if effects me as the dash board shows these interfaces down at a glance.. customer always asking why the network is not green.  the bug is now on the new dashboard as well !

Snap363.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.