Meraki Insight issue

mike318
Getting noticed

Meraki Insight issue

I am trialing Meraki Insight on an MX-84 running one of our small remote offices. There are roughly 15 voip phones on this network connected to RingCentral hosted voip.

I can't figure out what I need to input in the expression box for Insight to track Voip performance (sip.ringcentral.com did not work as some have suggested). This is extremely important to us as we plan on rolling Insight out to our main office with 50+ voip phones once stable.

RingCentral.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

did you try your voip server ip address or server dnsname?

"""

Cannot ping sip.ringcentral.comPing the IP address instead: 199.255.120.146

"""

Can Application Analytics track performance for VoIP traffic?

Application Analytics currently supports tracking of web-based applications only.

Can Application Analytics track performance for custom applications?

Custom applications can be configured from the Traffic analysis section in the Organization > Settings page by using a hostname or IP address. Once configured the custom application will be available from the list of applications. 

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

As @ww mentioned from the Insight documentation, it is not meant to track VoIP performance today. 

See the full document here: https://documentation.meraki.com/Meraki_Insight/MI_Application_Analytics

MRCUR | CMNO #12
mike318
Getting noticed

I understand now, thanks. I think that is the single best application for something like Insight, but I suppose that's not the point of this thread. 

thanks. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.