Licence problems WIFI4EU

billo1979
Comes here often

Licence problems WIFI4EU

Hi Meraki Community

I m the administrator of a Meraki wifi network using Meraki in my City.The dashboard account is activated on my my personal information!

Recently as a wifi instalation company we were involved in the WIFI4EU project and we are ready to proceed for the installation.

Here is the question, as an administrator i d like to have all the networks that we ll install in my dashboard for obvious reasons.The problem is that:

.when we received the equipment related to two separate networks we received only one licence for all of them, and i started claiming those devices in my personal dashboard (which i must say i aready have a network of my own).Then i created the different networks and everything is ok (i thought that i could add the licence key after which i think i can but...) till i realised that THE TWO SEPARATE NETWORKS must have the same SSID.

So what should i do?

Imagine that i have more installations waiting with meraki and i m stuck in the easiest part!I thought i d have broblems with portal of the requirements on the WIFI4EU program (i solved it in 5 minutes)

Does anyone has an idea?

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can just set the same ssid?

Are you talking different  organizations? If yes, then you need to contact meraki support  to move licences 

billo1979
Comes here often

i want them on the same organization cause i m supposed to support them! How can i set the same SSID for four different networks under the same organization? Does Templates has something to do with what u are referring at?

You can use templates.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple... 

Or you can just configure the same SSID in all four networks.

It's pretty straight forward.

Or configure a "Wireless" network, with all Access Points for every location in it, and use tags in case you are putting all wireless client traffic in different vlans depending on the wired infrastructure.
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

I support several companies, and I never put their equipment in my corporate or personal dashboard.  

I always create an Meraki account for the client and set myself up as an administrator.  I then claim any equipment that company purchases under their dashboard.

This allows me to creat multiple networks for a particular client, and I never have to worry about cross license issues.

When I sign into the dashboard, I see all of my clients and can get any of their dashboards.  Once I am into the dashboard, I have a MSP Portal that shows me which clients have issues and which don't.

I can also see the license expiration date for each client, so I can prepare them and they are not surprised at renewal time.

Dave Anderson
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.