Extra Small or Small licence for MX64 Documentation NOT clear.

SOLVED
CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Extra Small or Small licence for MX64 Documentation NOT clear.

From the Licensing ordering guide  ( https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_mi.pdf

SKU list has "Suggested MX Model"

Does  this mean to license a MX64 you must use LIC-MI-S-1YR  (Small 450Mbps)

The MX64 only does 250Mbps any way.

My customer Internet links are only 50/20  or 100/40Mbps   so MAX through put is < 100Mbps

So Can I buy LIC-MI-XS-1YR  for the MX64  and it work as I know the Internet speed is <100Meg

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The licence is for the maximum throughput for the device.  You need the small licence.  It is enforced.  You wont be able to apply an extra small licence to an MX64.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The licence is for the maximum throughput for the device.  You need the small licence.  It is enforced.  You wont be able to apply an extra small licence to an MX64.

Thank you  they should change the documentation to read  "Required"   not  "Suggested"

Meraki just responded to my case 04827466

- "So Can I buy LIC-MI-XS-1YR for the MX64 and it works as I know the Internet speed is <100Meg"?

Answer: yes you can.

When I check the licensing console it says MI-S is the MIN requirement

I think Meraki support are wrong !

They are wrong .  One don't you get one of each on a trial? 

Hello @CharlieCrackle 

Sorry about the confusion. I can confirm you that the Min License required for an MX6x is a 'Small' License. 'XS' is not compatible for an MX64. I understand that the document wording is slightly confusing. I will put a request with our team to have a look at that.

Please refer to this KB which is clear in regards to the MI Licensing and its limitations. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team

CharlieCrackle
Building a reputation

Thanks Seshu  but I still have meraki support engineer saying it can be done...

To prove him wrong I have requested a trail licensee of XS   and of course  I was not able to apply the licence to the MX64.

You might also want to get the documentation on the link you sent updated also as it says Inside does NOT support VOIP  when now it does.

Good Catch @CharlieCrackle. I will let our team know.

Regards,

Meraki team

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.